Now in its eighth edition, The Pocket Guide to Oxford is a souvenir guidebook to the architecture, history, and principal attractions of Oxford. It provides essential information on Oxford University’s colleges and buildings, punting, bicycles, museums, literary Oxford, a Dodo Walk, and maps to help you find your way around. Our friend the Oxford Dodo also adds his own thoughts along the way.
The guidebook has been illustrated by the authors, the Victorian artist Orlando Jewitt, and includes engravings from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. Carroll was a don at Christ Church—the first of the colleges we recommend you visit. The guidebook has been typeset in fonts designed by one of the authors.
- witty and erudite … extraordinary The Guardian
- entertaining prose … beautifully done The Daily Telegraph
- This is the best guide to Oxford for tourists and locals alike Blackwell’s Bookshop, Oxford
- Like being shown around by local friends who have an inexhaustible supply of good stories. Oxford Today
- Excellent guidebook Shortlisted in the British Book Design and Production Awards
Philip Atkins and Michael Johnson, 2019, eighth edition, 96 pages, 196mm x 129mm, paperback, ISBN 9780953443871, weight approximately 158g. Product code: TP8P